Sunday, June 28, 2009

Raven by Allison Van Diepen

At first this book cracked me up. Three chapters into the book I thought it was going to be about breakdancing. I swear it. I didn't know there were still books about breakdancing. It turned out that was a back plot and this book was surprisingly very cute. It threw me a loop and introduced immortals along with drug addicted brother. It did turn out to be an involving love story for teens. I must have gotten the wrong version though as I didn't get the ending. Do you know what is frusterating? Getting to a good part that is tension filled and then it ends with 'and all went silent'. That was the ending I got and became so mad I didn't want to read anymore. I heard it ended perfectly, of course.

Don't download, get the book.

Here's the site!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dude I didnt know you got a jacked version...yeah he becomes human again...the two others do but only Zin and another dude survive bec once they go back to being mortal they go back to where they were when they were "saved" so the chick dies of ovarian cancer and the other two dudes have to survive TB and lead posioning or something but they do and Zin and Raven end up happily and humanly ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't finish it--should I give it another chance? I was thrown by all the dancing I think. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, well now that we know how it ends.. Thank you Jennifer. Where it stopped pissed me off so much that I didn't have the heart to find the real ending. Sucks that the others died. Yeah, the whole break dancing thing really made me laugh, actually. It was my joke to everyone. I had to keep asking myself, 'Am I really reading a book about breakdancing?' I had a laugh about it with David. :D

    ReplyDelete